The goal of the Early Career Researchers Forum (ECRF-ICSA 2019) is to inspire and bring together early career researchers in the field of software architecture. This forum provides a vibrant place for discussing potential and ongoing research at any stage, from ideas to results. This forum strives to provide a friendly environment for early career researchers to present their research proposals and early results, and get feedbacks and inspirations from experienced researchers. This forum stimulates interactions between early career researchers and experienced academic and industry members of the community by offering a two-stage submission process that will enable early career researchers to obtain feedbacks on their submissions.
- Abstract Submission due: 03 December 2018
- Submission due: 10 December 2018
- First round feedback: 21 December 2018
- Resubmission due: 07 January 2019
- Acceptance notification due: 14 January 2019
- Camera Ready Copy due: 04 February 2019
Submission and Process
Participation is open to research candidates (PhD or Masters), industrial researchers or recent PhD graduates who want to share and improve their research in the field of software architecture.
Part1: Research Submission
Each submission should include the following information
- The title of your submission
- Your information (name, affiliation, and e-mail address)
- An abstract of your research
- Motivations and goals justifying the importance of your research problem
- Research questions and hypotheses that describes what you want to achieve, solve or demonstrate
- A discussion of the existing and related works that your research is built upon, especially explaining why these works do not solve the problem(s) that you have identified
- Description of the research methods and the collection of your evidence
- Description of your potential contributions or contributions
- Description of your research agenda
Part2: Recommendation Letter
Ask your main research advisor (in case of research candidates) or supervisor (in case of PhD graduates or industry researcher) for a letter of recommendation. This letter should include:
- Your name and position
- Current status of your research
- An endorsement of the publication of your submission
In the first round, one member of the programme committee will provide feedbacks and comments to each initial submission. Based on the initial feedbacks, some early career researchers will be invited to improve their works for resubmissions. Submissions in the second round will be evaluated by two committee members. A selection will take place based on the quality and potential of the research and its relevance to Software Architecture. Selected submissions will be accepted for publications and talks in the ECRF forum.
Submissions that are selected by the program committee members will be invited to publish in the ICSA 2019 Companion Proceedings (ECRF Section).
Presentation and Discussion
All early career researchers who have their submissions accepted must present in the ECRF-ICSA 2019. The chairs of ECRF reserve the rights not to publish the paper of an absentee. A researcher shall have 15 minutes to present their research and research agenda. Experienced researchers shall provide feedbacks and facilitate discussions.
Organisers and Committee Members Co-chairs
For more information please contact the Early Career Researchers Forum chairs through email@example.com:
- Claus Lewerentz, Brandenburg University of Technology, Germany
- Anthony Tang, Swinburne University, Australia
- Lars Grunske, Humboldt University Berlin, German
- Patricia Lago, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Claus Lewerentz, Brandenburgische Technische Universität, Germany
- Ralf Reussner, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Bradley Schmerl, Carnegie Mellon University, U.S.A.
- Antony Tang, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Rainer Weinreich, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Uwe Zdun, University of Vienna, Austria