Call for Contributions
Being a student volunteer is a great opportunity to meet with academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software architecture. Volunteering at ICSA 2019 is available to undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. students from all over the world.
- Preparations before the start of the conference (preparing conference bags, preparing conference badges etc.)
- Duties during the conference week:
- Registration duties (helping attendees to register etc.)
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees
- Providing directions to various locations at the conference
- Availability from 25 to 29 March 2019. Additionally, let us know if you are available before 25 March for preparations.
- Free registration to the main conference and / or workshops.
- Free ICSA 2019 Student Volunteer T-Shirt.
- Free conference bags.
- Free lunch during the main conference and / or workshops.
- A great opportunity to meet and talk about research or your interests with academic and industrial researchers as well as practitioners.
- Must be enrolled as a Ph.D., Master, or undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Please download the application form and send the completed form to the Volunteers Chair (email@example.com) with the subject “ICSA2019SV Application of <Student Name>”.
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed to the Volunteers Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org); with the subject “ICSA2019SV Reference for <Student Name>”) by the faculty you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organization skills, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us to select you as a student volunteer.
Traveling and Accommodation
- Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
- Application due date (including reference letters): 30.11.2018
- Notification date: 10.12.2018
- Student confirmation: 14.12.2018
Visas and Funding Options
- Visa support letters: If you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, please visit the visa information page.
- We also suggest checking travel support by the EU or the national research funding agencies from your country.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Volunteer Chair know as soon as possible.
Should you have any other questions, please email us at email@example.com.